Prof. Kwabena Frimpong Boateng, the Founder and immediate past Head of the National Cardiothoracic Center (NCC) at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra, Ghana says he prepared his handing over notes four years ago as the Director for the Center.
The BIG QUESTION: Is this termination of Prof. Frimpong Boateng as Director for the Center NCC politically motivated?
Time would definitely tell.
Some Achievements of Prof. Frimpong Boateng are:
- 1992 – Established the National Cardio Thoracic Centre which is now recognised by the West African College of Surgeons to train heart surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac anaesthetists, operating room nurses, intensive care nurses, cardiac technicians, and other cardiothoracic technicians.
- Performed the first open-heart surgery in Ghana using the heart-lung-machine.
- Established the Ghana Heart Foundation to raised funds to assist those who cannot afford the cost of heart surgery.
- 1999 – Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana (CIMG) Marketing Man of the Year.
- September 10, 2004 – Honorary Doctor of Science degree from the University of Education, Winneba.
All I can say is:
It is the beautiful bird which gets caged. ~Chinese Proverb
God bless Ghana our Motherland.