The official language of Ghana is ENGLISH.
A: GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED LANGUAGES
1. AKAN (Ashanti, Fante, Akuapem, Akyem, Kwahu) (Written Twi)
2. DAGAARE / WAALE Spoken in Upper Western Region (UWR)
3. DANGBE Spoken in Greater Accra.(G/A)
4. DAGBANE Spoken in Northern Region (NR)
5. EWE ” Volta Region (VR)
6. GA ” Greater Accra Region (G/A)
7. GONJA ” Northern Region (NR)
8. KASEM ” Upper Eastern Region (UER)
9. NZEMA ” Western Region (WR)
B: NON-GOVERNMENT SPONSORED LANGUAGES
1. ADELE Spoken in VR (Tutukpene & Nkwanta)
2. ANUFO/CHOKOSI Spoken in NR (Chereponi)
3. BULI Spoken in UER (Sandema)
4. BIMOBA Spoken in NR (Bunkpurugu)
5. BIRIFOR Spoken in UWR & NR(Bilema & Danvar)
6. BASSARI Spoken in NR…
7. CHUMBURUNG Spoken in NR & VR (Ekumdipe)
8. FRAFRA Spoken in UER (Bolgatanga)
9. GIKYODE/AKYODE Spoken in VR (Shiare)
11. HANGA Spoken in NR (
12. KONKOMBA Spoken in NR (Saboba)
13. KUSAAL Spoken in UER (Bawku)
14. KASEM Spoken in UER (Navrongo)
15. KOMA Spoken in UER (Yipabongo)
16. BUEM/ LELEM Spoken in VR (Jasikan & Bodada)
17. MAMPRULI Spoken in NR (NALERIGU)
18. MO/ DEG Spoken in B/A&NR (New Longoro & Bole Dist.)
19. NAFAANRA Spoken in B/A (Banda Ahenkro)
20. NKONYA Spoken in VR (Akloba & Wurupong)
21. NTRUBO / DELO Spoken in VR (Pusupu)
22. NAWURI Spoken in NR (Kitare)
23. SISAALA Spoken in UWR (Tumu)
24. TAMPULMA Spoken in NR
25. VAGLA Spoken in NR
26. WALI Spoken in UWR
God bless our homeland Ghana,
And make our nation great and strong,
Bold to defend for ever
The cause of Freedom and of Right;
Fill our hearts with true humility,
Make us cherish fearless honesty,
And help us to resist oppressors’ rule
With all our will and might for evermore.
Hail to thy name, O Ghana,
To thee we make our solemn vow:
Steadfast to build together
A nation strong in Unity;
With our gifts of mind and strength of arm,
Whether night or day, in mist or storm,
In ev’ry need, whate’er the call may be,
To serve thee, O Ghana, now and evermore.
Raise high the flag of Ghana
And one with Africa advance;
Black Star of hope and honour
To all who thirst for Liberty;
Where the banner of Ghana freely flies,
May the way to freedom truly lie;
Arise, arise, O sons of Ghanaland,
And under God march on for evermore!
I promise on my honour to be faithful and loyal to Ghana my motherland.
I pledge myself to the service of Ghana with all my strength and with all my heart.
I promise to hold in high esteem our heritage, won for us through the blood and toil of our fathers; and
I pledge myself in all things to uphold and defend the good name of Ghana.
So help me God.