What is it?
Esoko is a powerful set of web and SMS tools that any business, project or government can use to affordably and quickly exchange information with members, suppliers or customers in the field.
The Esoko Ghana Commodity Index (EGCI) is a cash market price index composed of data on physical commodities. The index, which is published weekly by the company, tracks prices at wholesale and retail levels namely the Esoko Ghana Commodity Index-Retail (EGCI-R) and the Esoko Ghana Commodity Index-Wholesale (EGCI-W) – and will enable consumers to get prices of agricultural products in real time just by texting through short messaging service (SMS) codes.
- Profiles (GIS, households, cropping etc.)
- Automatic SMS Alerts (prices, offers, weather)
- Bulk SMS Push (advisories, notification, procurement)
- Scout Polling (track field data/activities)
- Stock and Flow (track inventory/volumes)
- Website Portals (advertise your services/project)
- Easy Upload (SMS, Web, Java, Android)
- GIS & Maps
- Full data privacy and secure hosting
Mark Davies founder/CEO of Esoko